Thursday, February 2, 2017

How To: Make Custom Art from Your Own Fingerprints

created at: 02/02/2011

It's nearing Valentine's Day, and though my sweetheart and I don't usually do gifts, I wanted to make her something special. We're not big on the whole Hobby Lobby, scrapbook-y, shrine to ourselves approach to artwork, but I did want to incorporate a personal element. I recalled the custom DNA portraits I'd seen, and when searching, found the fingerprint prints offered by the same company. While I wouldn't even begin to understand how to go about visualizing DNA, I figured the custom fingerprint approach was probably pretty achievable.

And...it was.

I even figured out a way to make it seem a bit more handmade than the cold, tech-ier versions offered by the online companies. And, it only ended up costing me $6.00 USD. (I'm so thankful I've got someone who would be proud of me for creating an inexpensive DIY route, rather than impressed by how much I spent.)   … Continue reading on ManMadeDIY.com



source http://www.manmadediy.com/users/chris/posts/765-how-to-make-custom-art-from-your-own-fingerprints

No comments:

Post a Comment