Thursday, March 16, 2017

I've Been Drilling Pilot Holes Wrong My Entire Life. Here's How I Learned to Correct My Technique.

So, ever since I learned to use an electric drill, I've followed this rule: when joining two pieces of wood, you drill an appropriately sized pilot hole completely through the top, and down into the second. This guides the screw, and the two pieces are held together when the screw's threads grab the wood and lock everything into place. The pilot hole's size is determined by the inner diameter of the screw's body, minus the threads. Right?

Wrong.    … Continue reading on ManMadeDIY.com



source http://www.manmadediy.com/users/chris/posts/4593-i-ve-been-drilling-pilot-holes-wrong-my-entire-life-here-s-how-i-learned-to-correct-my-technique

No comments:

Post a Comment